Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Just4Keeps Blog Challenge #1


I didn't get a chance to do this over the weekend, so I'll do it now before I start challenge #2. I'm not one to be much of a daredevil -- sky diving, bungee jumping and the like, so that's not something I'm afraid of because I wouldn't even consider doing it.

After thinking long about this, the one thing that comes to mind that I am afraid to do is go to work in the field that I spent many many years going to school for -- court reporting. Right when I finished court reporting school, seven long years going part-time evenings and many school loans later, Dave and I had decided that I would stay home a little longer. Marisa was only 10 months old at the time and I didn't want to put her in daycare to go to work. However, I kept up with my skills and kept taking the certification tests every six months.

Marisa had just turned two and I decided this was the time to go back to work. I prepared so well to take the certification test and passed two out of the three portions -- Literary at 180 wpm and the Jury Charge 200 wpm. I had just missed passing the Q&A portion by 4 errors. Well, I felt so good about it and that was it -- Here I come professional work world!!! Three days later my father passed away and then two weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Well that was the end of that :(

Now I sit here 4 years later wondering when I'm going to take that leap into the field I prepared so hard for, but afraid of the unknown and insecure about my abilities.

No comments: