Thursday, August 31, 2006

Boy oh boy

I've stunk at keeping up on this blog. There's so much that happened since I last posted. First off at the beginning of the month, I took a trip to Oklahoma to meet my online scrappy friends. It was such a blast and I wish it didn't have to end. The flights there and back weren't bad, but the experience I had dealing with Northwest Airlines left a little to be desired. I shopped and shopped and bought some great new stuff. I finally got to go to a Hobby Lobby while in Oklahoma and I was in HEAVEN!!!

I stayed with the coolest gal, Cheri. Man, was she quite the hostess!! Shanna Lamb from AZ stayed there, too. Jeez, that was just too much fun!

Came back home to a husband and kids that missed me so much! It's nice to be missed, but now were back to the same old you know what...LOL

The middle of the month brought about my 8 year anniversary. Dave and I didn't do anything to celebrate on that particular day, but just this past weekend, August 26th, we went to see Kenny Chesney. It was fun, but man it was expensive!! The tickets themselves ran $100 a piece and I couldn't believe that we had to pay $30 to park!!! I've never paid more than $15 to park at an event. I have to say that that was probably the last concert I'll be going to downtown for quite a while. I prefer to go out to the Palace -- which is just a tad bit cheaper. Actually, it's probably the last concert I'll go to in a while because I just haven't been impressed by these past two concerts I've attended. For all the money you pay, it just hasn't been worth it.

I've been a scrap-shopping fool lately!!! I've tried to calm down a bit -- yeah right!! When I went to the LSS last Friday, one I don't frequent much but has some great stuff, I picked up the new A2Z papers, some Prima flowers and Petaloo flowers, MME Wild Berry papers, alphabets to match and some other goodies. I didn't go too crazy. However, my online shopping was way more fun...LOL I just got two packages yesterday -- my kit from a new kit club I joined Scrap Hype and then I got another package containing new goodies from My Mind's Eye and Making Memories -- fun stuff!! Scrap Hype's owner included a bunch of extra papers for joining the club -- I couldn't believe all the great paper she put in there. I was in paper glory!! I also picked up a stamp set from a new company -- Wild Flower Stamps. Super fast shipping and great stamp selection. I was impressed that it was a great quality stamp set I received. I'm waiting on my new paper to get here from In A Blink of an Eye . I ordered the new UL papers, Rhonna Farrer papers, and MOD papers. I think I have enough paper to last a lifetime at this point. As my great step-son Travis put it when I said I better stop shopping, he said, "Well, as long as you start scrapping and using what you have, there's no need to stop"...love that kid!!

That's been about it. No real scrapping here lately. I'm trying to get out of a funk. My DT kit is on it's way from Back Porch Memories with lots of new cool papers -- BG Gypsy, Daisy D's Harvest and some others. If you haven't ever checked them out, you should.

2 comments:

Deanna Payne said...

Wow! I wish I could do your kind of shopping spree! And have gone to J4K on top of that would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am so totally jealous! That woudl be the day my hubby would let me "play" that much.
Have fun with all your new toys :)