Thursday, September 13, 2007

So much has happened... (super long post)

since my last post! Where do I begin???

Well, on August 23rd I flew out to Tulsa, OK to meet up with some of the best women on the planet! We stayed in the fabulous Renaissance Hotel and attended the Creating Keepsakes Convention. What fun! Lots of shopping and eating...yes, I said eating! If you know me, you know I love my food...LOL I would give the food at the hotel an A+++ Holey smokes, Cheri got us a room on the concierge level and that meant free eats certain times of the day. I can't say there was one thing in there that didn't taste incredible. Hey, I think I found my new calling -- a food critic! Seriously, though, all in all it was just a fantastic time. I almost got a little teary eyed when standing in Chili's parking lot I realized it was over. I just know there'll be a next time!
Here's few pictures from my grand event.










The next important thing was my kiddos heading back to school. Well for Collin it is his first year in school -- kindergarten. This is a big adjustment year for Travis and Marisa. They have always attended private schools and now we're heading to the big world of public schools. I have to say it's been an adjustment for me, too! I am a little sad that we are no longer at St. Peter's Lutheran. It was small and quaint and there was just something about it that I loved. Now Travis has adjusted quite well. As a matter of fact I think he just LOVES this whole new world -- or maybe the girls...lol Collin just can't get enough of the bus and his new teacher Mrs. Witgen. Marisa on the other hand is having a bit of difficulty. I can see it in her eyes and her demeanor. She is trying, but she is like me when I was a child and despises change. I keep reassuring her that it will all become familiar like it was at the other school. I'm praying! Praying hard! It breaks my heart to see my little girl sad and there isn't much I can do about this one except to keep upbeat, positive, and re-enforce all of it over and over again.
Here's some first day photos!


Collin started the following afternoon. I couldn't contain his excitement! The first day I drove him to school and then after that he took the bus.












Oh, I forgot to add that Collin has now lost two teeth!! I couldn't believe it. I thought at first he might have hit his mouth and knocked them loose, but no! There are new teeth coming in underneath and he is also getting his six-year molars in. Wow, this kid definitely grows like a weed!




Then on to the birthdays. Dave celebrated his 39th on the 5th and Marisa celebrated her 8th birthday on the 10th. Lots of fun and lots of presents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MISS YOU!!! Even with those layouts you have made lately - LOL

Chris said...

wow you have been busy!!!!!!!