Monday, July 20, 2009

OMG! What a weekend!

I seriously don't know where to begin...honestly! After picking my bestest Okie girls up from the airport on Thursday night, we sat on the deck talking until the wee hours catching up. It was actually nice enough Friday that Carolyn and I braved the pool and floated around in there for a while until Dave came to pick us all up to go out to dinner at my favorite BBQ place. From there we headed to my sister's house where everyone was waiting for us to get on the party bus. Off to Boogie Fever where we danced and danced. The night was soooo much fun!
Here's my sister and me

Cheri, Carolyn, me, and Kim at Boogie Fever...woo hoo!


So Saturday comes and we are chilling for pretty much the entire day, but had $50 in Chinese food delivered. It was an awesome smorgasbord...mmm~! I take the girls up to Archivers, so Kim can visit her very first one. They loved the store and then we were off to a restaurant for Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Cheri was so sick of food by the end of the night that she never wanted to eat again!

Now comes Sunday and the day is planned to go to Ikea. Kim had never been and wanted to go.

It's funny that we get there and go straight to the food -- love me some Ikea meatballs! Kim didn't eat and decided to go look around. Right after eating, Cheri jumps up and says she's going to find Kim. Carolyn pretty much does the same, leaving Marisa and I at the table. So I'm thinking at this time that Cheri's had enough of this trip and is ready to go. We find them and literally from that point trot through Ikea at a pace probably never known to that store....lol Now I'm thinking why in the heck did they want to come here if we were going to go through the entire store within a half hour? Next stop, Cheri says let's hit the scrap store. Well, I'm always up for stopping in at one of my favorite scrap stores -- Scrappy Chic. We're perusing the store (by the way I was so proud of myself for not buying ONE thing!) and now Cheri tells me she's not feeling good and we have to go. Okay. Now that's starting to explain why she's acting weird. Off we go, but I decided to take a different way home instead of going straight back to the freeway. She's in the back seat asking me why I made this choice? How long until we get back? What exit will we get off the freeway? I'm thinking...DANG, she's being impatient! So we pull down my street and I see my mom and sister's cars parked out there. I'm thinking...oh, they wanted to come by and see my friends one last time before they leave -- how sweet! Dave meets all of us at the end of the drive way and tells me that he has my birthday present, but I have to put this shirt over my head along with a pair of head phones....HUH!!?? What's going on????? Why are you hiding me from my new laptop...lol


Well, after being lead through the dark and bumping into mirrors on the car and bouncing off the side of the house, I arrive in the backyard to have all that taken off and see my backyard decorated and filled with people yelling...SURPRISE!!! I had NO flipping clue my husband had planned this behind my back. The only reason he got away with it is because I've been so busy getting everything ready here at the house for their visit to notice. Now all these things popped in to my head why he wanted to do certain things like put up the big white tent we use for parties, etc. Yeah - it wasn't a laptop, but it was ONE HECK of a PARTY!! You all got me pretty good, I say. Thanks for making the 40's look a lot better

4 comments:

Aleta said...

Awww... how very sweet of your hubby - sounds like a blast!

Kim in OK said...

That sums up the weekend pretty well! I had SO MUCH FUN!!! And, can't wait until we can all get together again next year! *wink*

Martha said...

How sweet! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!

Shanna said...

Yes!!!! I wish I could have been there too!!!!! Again Tami.... Happy Happy Birthday girl!!!