Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sick again!!

Well, I've had a cold/sinus infection for just about a week now. It's driving me crazy because I feel like I'm walking around with a cloud in my head. Every morning I wake up, it's like I have to lift a brick off of my pillow. Why is it that husband's cannot be more understanding when their wives are sick? Dave did help out more than usual on Wednesday which I was very grateful for. You know what I think is because I don't just drop on the couch or bed and I keep somewhat of a good disposition, he thinks I don't feel that bad. All week I have just wanted to lay in bed, but my schedule and kids just don't allow that!! I think I'm going to have to break down and make an appointment for the doctor. To top it all off, Collin never wants to sleep when I'm sick, so he's got me up at 5 in the morning. Today I was having no part of that!!!! I picked his butt up and popped him right back in his bed. I had to go around the house turning every light off. We did sleep in until 8:50, but that put us in a rush to get out the door for Marisa's 10 am dance class.

Oh, I so need to find a real babysitter. I've got to start looking for one. I hope the Lord could send a really nice, honest, decent person my way. I'll pay just about anything right now for just one day of peace!!!

I forgot to post that I didn't make it to the next round at LSS contest at Just4Keeps. I was bummed, but I did like the fact that the pressure was off. With the way I felt this week, there's no way in heck I would have felt like competing in the next round. The exciting part is that now I get to see all the great stuff and vote for my favorite. I'm sure it's going to be hard because these are some talented gals.

Here's my layouts I made for LSSC II:

Wk. 1's Challenge was to create a layout about an event in your life that altered the path in your life. I chose to do one about my mother having me at a young age and her decision to not give me up for adoption. The baby picture is of my sweet little baby Marisa. No one I know has a baby picture of me.



Wk. 2's Challenge was to use and ad for a sketch that Kathy supplied and the layout had to be of some of our favorite things.


Wk. 3's challenge was using a 2 page layout sketch that was provided and we had to create an opening page for our BOM. We had to use the layout to describe what would be included in our BOM and who we were creating it for.



Wk. 4's challenge was to create a layout about a smell that reminded you of something about your childhood. I picked my dad's cologne which was truly his trademark. My mom saw the layout the other day, she laughed and said, "Oh my, Aqua Velva!! Yep, that smell sure reminds me of your dad." I didn't make it on to the next round with this layout, but I'm so glad I did it.

No comments: