Tuesday, April 04, 2006

So...

today was the day from potty-training HELL!!! Collin proceeded to pee in his pants twice both times I was at a store...ugh! It was windy and cold out and I felt bad he had to walk around like this until I got home -- both times! Then after getting him home the last time, I change him and two minutes later I smell something and he's crapped in his underwear!!! Dave cleans him all up wanting to throw the underwear away, but I insist no. Collin gets all cleaned up again and we sit down for dinner. Dinner ends and he walks away and he's quiet. Dave goes and checks on him in the bathroom and yep, he's pooped again!!!! This time he's made an even bigger mess because he took his pants down and tried to sit on the toilet as an after decision. I couldn't get mad because at least he tried, but I swear he is being the slowest kid to potty train --two steps forward, one step back!

On a cleaner note, I took Collin to see his first ever theater movie -- Ice Age 2-The Meltdown. He's seen the commercial a thousand times and kept asking me. I was going to take Marisa and him, but on a trip to Target to get the movie Narnia which was released today, I saw the movie theater and spontaneously decided to take him by himself. He was pretty good at first with the pop and popcorn. We were the only ones in the whole show until an older couple came in. He didn't sit in his seat, but he wasn't really bad with the running around. He kept wanting to change seats over and over. And he kept having to leave to go to the bathroom! Cute show though! He didn't understand the concept that once the show was over it's over. He said, "We watch Ice Meltdown again!" Sorry buddy, time to go. So I thought, I'd go get the older version for his Easter basket.

Today I bought 3 different movies and a Now 21 CD for Easter baskets along with the crafty stuff and a few bits of candy. Every year I swear I'm not doing this, and every year I give in. What happened to just getting a chocolate bunny and jelly beans in basket like I did when I was a kid. I never make Easter baskets like Christmas or anything, but I just don't want to lose sight of the real reason for Easter -- the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I have felt such and aching in my heart on this subject--my relationship with the Lord. As a matter of fact, Dave and I had a whole conversation today about him and I trusting in the Lord to help make ends meet. By no means are we poor, but we live probably like most-- pay check to pay check. Dave's job is getting the best of him and he's totally not happy. It's stressing him out and the job is causing all kinds of physical ailments. I really felt for him today and am worried about it. As I type this, I'm crying because it hurts me to see him like this. I prayed and prayed tonight asking the Lord to show me what I need to do as a wife. Maybe it's time I go back to work and lighten his load -- that's what I feel in my heart is the right thing, but we were really trying to have me stay home until Collin went to school full-time in kindergarten. I will be shown what needs to be done. I have faith in that. Well, I didn't want to make this post a book. I woke up after passing out on the couch and sat down here to get some thoughts out of my head. I must get back to La La Land. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have faith girl! You are doing the right thing! Love ya!