Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blogger challenge

I'm finally getting around to doing another one of these challenges posted by Erica from J4K.

Looking at life now, try and remember what you wanted out of it 10 years ago:

Ten years ago I was 26 and in a MISERABLE relationship that was nearing the end. I wanted out, but didn't know how I was going to accomplish it. This man had worn me down emotionally and financially. I prayed and prayed every day that the Lord would save me from this and bring a good man into my life--one with possibilities and a good heart. I struggled, but ended up getting my own apartment. The first one ever!!! I loved it!! Low and behold, within months I met my husband and the rest is history in that area. I also was going to school for court reporting and had envisioned a career in that once I finished. Well, it didn't work out like that for now. I did finish school, but I had children and decided to stay home -- for now. I will go to work in that field once Collin goes to school full time.

It's funny how we set goals and plans, but looking back how they didn't quite turn out the way we envision -- life turned out a lot better in my case :^)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God answers prayers!
I am with you on going back to school, someday when it works for my life :)

Gina said...

I'm glad life is better for you than you envisioned then! :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Tami!!!